Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mojito Dance

Summer, summer, summer time fun!

Let me start off by saying I had the most wonderful Summer-Time drink this past weekend—‘Mojito’s.!’ The cool, crisp scent of mint, the sweet/tart limes, and a bit of sugar, topped off with rum and club soda really hit the best spot!

What a cool and refreshing drink these are, but believe me when I say you can get so wrapped up in the freshness of these drinks that it will sneak up on you and take a bite. Make sure you prepare for a stationary place or sober person to drive you while dancing the Mojito! They absolutely go down smooth and are the right touch of goodness to put a smile on your face.

I researched a few recipes and I’ve included one on this posting, but if anyone has a different one, please pass it along. I’m also very curious about the new pre-mixed varieties: Bacardi’s Mojito ready-made and Smirnoff Vodka Mojito’s (ready-made). I did not use vodka in my recipe, simply Bacardi Rum, but I’m curious in seeing how the ready-made varieties stand up to the recipe.

Personally, I think the joy of muddling the mint, lime, and sugar is much more fun. And after the second drink you start to feel the rhythm and dancing the Mojito hip sway…caution as you might throw a joint out of place.

Bacardi Rum Mojito’s (need muddle or wooden spoon is fine)

In large tumbler glass-

6 to 12 fresh mint leaves (6 large are fine)

½ lime (quartered)

½ shot glass of sugar

Muddle with muddler or wooden spoon to crush mint and lime up

Once you have that done, then add 1 shot of Bacardi Clear/Light Rum and 3 Shots of Club Soda (you can use just carbon water if you don’t want the extra sweetness and you can increase you Rum content to desired level, but 1 to 3 parts seems to be the ideal combo).

Stir all together, add ice, and garnish with mint and slice of lime…or in my case, skip the garnish and just drink.

Mojito Hip Sway soon to follow.

Enjoy and let me know how you like them.

Cheers~

No comments: