Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Long Time....

Well its been a long time since I've posted anything to this site. Today is gorgeous out, high 70's, almost mid 80s and what's not to like about that! Spring is finally ending and our summer will begin in less than a month; for those of us in the Great State of MICHIGAN.


It's been a long and sad Winter/Spring for my family. We've had 7 deaths since Dec 2008: Aunt Helen, Grandma Frank, Aunt Lila (Dad's Aunt), Uncle Frank, Aunt Jackie, Dr. Ken Forster (Cuz's Father-in-law), and now my Aunt Pauline. For my own peace of mind I've come to terms with the fact that my family is not suffering anymore and the pain is gone from their earth bound bodies. I know this isn't always easy, and the selfish part of me would rather have them here with me, but just thinking like this keeps the sadness at bay. It has also made me think about my own death (sounds morbid, but not really) and how I would like to be remembered when my time comes.


Bunny and I have had a few talks about this, but I really don't feel it necessary to have a viewing. I would rather be cremated and then a celebration of life be held. I don't want to be laid out for all my family to stop and weep for my body that is no longer needed for me. Think of it as me getting my wings. Another Angel Has Received her/his wings. Ring a little bell, maybe I'll have bells for a little good bye. Wow...this is getting to be more than I was thinking, but to Bunny's point, I understand that for others to have a viewing is closure for them. I don't want a long drawn out event that makes people sad and teary-eyed. I would rather just have a closed viewing for my family the day of, cremate me, and then do a quick little jiggy service for 1 day. I would rather everyone gather at a bon fire, somewhere near an upper Michigan lake, crack open a bottle of wine and scatter me to the wind with fond memories. Maybe I'll change my mind later on, but for now I think it's more important to live for today and try to enjoy every moment as it comes. One never knows how much time they will have on earth so make sure to tell the ones you love, that you simply love them.


On a much brighter and happier note...our dear little Cuz Kristi, has given birth to a wonderful and beautiful baby boy named Aadyn. Congrats and can't wait to meet the little boy.


What else can I tell you that will fill you in from the past few months? Oh Yeah... My D*&*%$%^**%#@*&%*&N Bird has now laid 15, yes count them 1, 2, 3, 4.....15. That's right folks, 15...have I expressed enough about the number of eggs this darn bird has had is 15??!!! The short of the long story is that starting at the end of February she laid 4 eggs...I let her sit on them for 3 weeks, by the 4th she started to come around and be her little ol' self again and I removed the eggs-2 days later she started laying the 2nd clutch of eggs (clutch is what they call a group of eggs a bird will lay) and this time she laid 5 eggs...giving the total of eggs to 9! I did put the 1st set of eggs back in the cage when she started laying the 2nd clutch...so 9 eggs she sat on. Again, 3 more weeks of sitting took us to the end of April. I felt so back, as 9 eggs is a bit difficult to sit on, so I waited until she was coming around again and I took 1/2 of them out. She was none the wiser. BUT...for some reason she started laying eggs again and this time she laid 6 more....bringing our GRAND Total to 15 and right to the end of May here. I'm hoping she will stop! Whoosh that was a long short ditty, but one that needed to be said. :-)
Well I think that is all for the moment. The Travelin' Journal is making it's rounds and will be to the next person soon. If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

Love my Family and Friend
Blessed Be~


No comments: