Sunday, March 20, 2011

Training Is In Session...

Well I just ending my 2nd week of training. Training for WHAT you ask??? Well Jessica and I are training to run the 5k at this years Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure" in Detroit on May 21st. We've walked it in the past, but this year I wanted to run (and Jess wanted to too) and with that said...required us to train for it and this started 2 weeks ago tomorrow.

It been easy and hard at the same time. Mostly because I've been naturally thin my entire life, but never really did much to stay in shape as I've gotten older. It's so true when people say "one day it will catch up to you..." and it does... IT DID! The picture is worth a thousand "OMG" how did I get this way :-). I think just having the support and the encouragement has been great and this sparks the extra fire I need since this hasn't not been easy. Just getting motivated was a task for me... (I can't speak for Jessica) but I feel GREAT I'm doing it-but ask me in another 2 weeks as this has just begun.

So until next time...
Happy trails and see you at the finish line!

2 comments:

Kristin NC said...

YAY for ya'll!!! I want to know how it goes!!

Katie said...

Thanks. it's up and down right now, but I think I'm getting my breathing under control. sometimes just the motivation is hard, but I do it and I'm happy after wards. Week 3 started this morning. :-)