Friday, September 21, 2007

Lost and Found; Vacation, Fall, and other Stuff



































Hello Ya-Ya's

It's been a while and I'm never sure if you girls are going to the blog? Please feel free to add to the blog, as it's a place we can all contribute to and it would be nice to see others participate.

Don't forget to go to the blog so you can see the pictures that have been added and if you forgot where to go: http://sosnewsktsebj.blogspot.com To add your own, you need to sign in! Hint, if you haven't started this already you should be keeping a small notebook by your computer with all your sign up information...so you can remember passwords, etc. Hint Hint Wink Wink

As you can see, I had a great time on my vacation. I loved going to the pow wow, canoeing, up to the Mohican Castle and especially the Halloween Weekend at Cedar Point which was great because of the Walk Through Haunted Houses. I wasn't able to take my camera, for fear it would break, but they have the entire park done up for the holiday and once it gets dark...wow!! Well worth the cost of the tickets for entry.

I'm not really into the rides as much, but we did do a few and it brought back lots of memories, even if I can't take all the whip lashing that the rides give out now, it was still fun to go on them and feel like a kid again. If you haven't been to Cedar Pointe lately, all the roller coasters are huge. The new dragster is 420 feet high and goes a whooping 120 mph...this is not one I attempted, but that was because the line was 4 hours long-and even then I'm putting a brave face on because you have to see it to believe it. If you're not really into the rides, this is a really good time to go for the Halloween season--if you like that sort of thing. I had the best night there, but was really tired afterwards.

My writing classes are great and I'm really enjoying my Journal Keeping class. I've started back on my journals that I put aside so long ago. I also learned that I was not alone in my journal keeping methods...which was to have tons of half written journals, tucked away somewhere, that never were finished out of fear that I had nothing to say. I even have journals that I purchased, for the look or feel of them at the time, and have yet to let the ink mar the pages. But now I feel I am opening up and spreading my wings. I'm allowing people into my writings where before I just kept them to a precious few people on things that I've written (and even that is very slim). Journal are still meant to be for oneself, reflects into getting to know yourself, and private, but it's amazing the thoughts and idea's it provokes and how you can use some of them for the outside world. I am very excited and I will share more as I progress.

Well what else? I went blueberry picking in Canada, which was great...have them frozen and ready to make blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins, and... well anything that I like. I also went raspberry picking last weekend and I know that they are harder to pick than the blueberries (the raspberry bushes have thorns-note to self, bring gloves next time), but I'd do it again.

In the coming weeks I will be going to the cider mills for apple cider, donuts, and pumpkins. I'm so excited because I found 3 orchards that have the winesap and honey crisp apples and you know what the means...APPLE PIES!! Can't wait, but winesap apples are the last to be picked and I will have to wait for a few more weeks, but then look out. I don't think I will be stepping on the scale anytime soon. This is my favorite time of year; fall colors, cooler morning and nights, favorite holiday-Halloween, comfort foods I love to cook, horseback riding, hiking, fall color picture taking, and apple pies...MMmmmm What's not to like about the fall. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it.

Well I guess that's about it for right now, but I'd love to issue a challenge to all my Ya Ya's...For October I want to see at least one posting from you ladies and it has to do with something for Halloween!! So get your SPOOK-TACULAR mode on and get down to business.

If you would like to post, but need access (Helen, Sharon, Judy, and Lissa), let me know and I'll add you on.

I'll see you at the Monster Mash...

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Katie

No comments: