Wednesday, June 4, 2008


Change

by Kathryn Frank

You never know when your time on earth will be up. You can be the healthiest person, and then wham, you are floating towards the bright light. I don’t want this to be the doom and gloom wake up call for anyone, but I have to make a little noise. Rattle some cages. Make you think about, even if that’s all you do.

I am looking at my life so differently of late, knowing that I have neglected and abused my mind, body, and soul for way too long. Why? Because I thought I had the right? Because I think I’m too young for anything to happen to me? NO Way, not anymore!

I guess the real reason why I haven’t thought about it much was because I just thought I have plenty of time. But how wrong I have been! I’ve fought through depression for the majority of my life. Not to the point of having to use medications for it, but enough to know that it has stopped me dead in my tracks and choked the life from me at times. I don’t want to give my body anymore reasons to rebuke and tell me how unhappy it is with me.

It doesn’t matter how old you are, you can begin to change things, a little at a time that will benefit and prolong your life. It’s a mental game. You have to use ‘Positive’ words and thoughts to move yourself in the right directions. You have to tell yourself over and over these positive thoughts until you know longer have repeat them; they become so ingrained that it just becomes natural for you to act on them.

Positive draws positive and negative draws negative. And EXERCISE…the biggest action you can do to improve your life, is just another thing that will help promote Positive in your life. You don’t have to spend hours upon hours exercising, but you do have to make the conscience effort to achieve it.

Did you know that with just 30 minutes a day of heart-pumping exercise, the kind that makes you sweat, will improve so many things in your life? Right now, today, if you started, within 1 week you will feel and see a difference.

Isn’t 30 minutes a small amount of time to make your body, mind, and soul stronger! If you think you don’t have the time—think again. It’s your life, but how’s the quality of your life now? What will it be like in 5 years? 10 years? Want to improve it? Find something that makes you fight—like seeing your children grow into adults or your grandchildren go to college. There are not guarantees with anything in life, but you do have a choice, right here, right now, on how you live it.

Here are just a few benefits for exercising and what it will do for your mind, body, and soul:

  1. Makes strong bones and muscles.
  2. Burns calories and increases Metabolisms
  3. Helps you sleep better
  4. Increases your Energy level
  5. Improves Mood; prevents mental illnesses and depression when endorphins are released into your brain and body.
  6. Reduces the risk for heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, hypertension, breast cancer, osteoporosis, and colon cancer.
  7. Give you better Focus so you can improve your life.
  8. Improves Sex Life

With just 30 minutes a day your can make your life better now and cure almost every physical, mental, and emotional disease you have. I’m making the commitment to make my life better, starting today, how about you?

No comments: